We are a forward thinking organisation who prides itself in the quality and professionalism of its team.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All recruitment decisions are made on the basis of individual merit and ability to fulfil the job requirements.
The Company offers equal opportunities to all its employees and there will be no discrimination on the grounds of colour, disability, age, marital status, race, ethnic or national origin, religion, gender or sexual orientation or spent conviction.
Vacancies at the moment
We are a Values driven organisation:
· creating partnerships with our employees, customers and suppliers
· making our mark through innovative, intelligent ideas
· maintaining integrity through straightforward, honest and reliable business practices
We are seeking a full-time Veterinary Clinical Pathologist to join our team preferentially based at our NWL Head Office in Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire, reporting to the Director of Pathology.
The NWL group of laboratories includes The Hormone Laboratory in Cambridge, and Abbey Veterinary Services in Newton Abbott. The Poulton-le-Fylde site is close to the Lancashire coast and within easy reach of the Lake District and Yorkshire moors.
Role responsibilities include:
· Reporting and interpreting a wide variety of results including, haematology, biochemistry, microbiology, endocrinology and allergy testing.
· Reviewing and interpreting cytology samples from a wide range of species.
· Discussing cases with veterinary surgeon clients, including providing advice on suitable sample submission and interpretation of results.
· Participating in presentations and publications to further promote the services and expertise of the
· Supporting technical staff in evaluating and establishing methods
· Ensuring safe working practices to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
· Participating in staff training, as appropriate, in order to impart the skills and knowledge required to increase the level of service to the customer and to enhance the personal development of other team members.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Veterinary Degree and MRCVS
· Postgraduate qualification in Veterinary Clinical Pathology, other experience may be considered
· Demonstrable clinical veterinary experience
The successful applicant will be:
· Self-driven and results-focussed with a positive outlook and responsive to change
· A natural forward thinker/planner who critically assesses their own performance and strives to improve the business
· Committed to customer service excellence
· A mature and credible team player who is capable of communicating at all levels within the organisation
· Capable of operating accurately to specified deadlines and under pressure
Nationwide Laboratories provides reasonable support for CPD, and career development. If there are aspects of the day to day role where the candidate has less experience then appropriate support will be given to achieve competency.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply by email (attaching an up
to date CV), highlighting your suitability for the role and stating your current salary to:
NVSL is committed to equality of opportunity and this underpins our employment and recruitment procedures.
We use objective, job-related criteria when making appointment decisions and our selection criteria is based on skills, experience, qualifications and an ability to do the job.