NationWide Laboratories – short-term changes in response to COVID-19
We are making some short-term changes at NWL to manage responsibly our service commitment.
Please find detailed below actions which we need to take to continue delivering our service whilst complying with the Government direction.
We believe we have in place a robust plan to ensure all work is handled and reported promptly whilst reducing staff numbers and open locations.
Please be assured our service delivery is important to us. We will continue to focus on:
“The welfare and safety of our staff and customers whilst still delivering veterinary diagnostic services”.
In order to achieve this goal, we are making the following changes to our working practices:
- We will be putting all our general diagnostic work into our Poulton laboratory as a temporary measure utilising our Newton Abbot site for histology and Cambridge for Endocrinology.
- We will be working reduced hours at all sites – Monday to Friday 8am – 1pm and additionally at Poulton on Saturday 8am to 11am. These are excluding Bank & Public holidays.
- Customer Service teams will continue at Poulton and Newton Abbot operating at reduced hours for the duration of the situation. Our main contact number is 01253 899215.
- We are making some necessary changes to our courier services:
- We are temporarily suspending daytime couriers. Daytime will revert to postal services.
- All requests for night-time lock box sample collection will now be on a call for collection Please call 0800 731 7276 for night-time lock box collections, please call by 7pm.
Opening Hours – From Wednesday 1st April the laboratory will only be open from 8am to 1pm on Monday to Friday and on Saturday from 8am to 11am.
Pathologist advice will still be available till 17:30 on Monday to Friday, but please email email@example.com and we will arrange for a pathologist will call you back.
On a Saturday please call for a pathologist who will be available till 11:00.
Communication has been made with all our customers.
These measures have been introduced to allow us to reduce risk whilst maintaining our service obligations. We are grateful for your cooperation and understanding at this time. We will of course call all staff back in and revert to normal services as soon as we possibly can once movement restrictions are lifted.
David Charvill, Director of Laboratory Services